Coronavirus guidelines from the Church of England
In light of the current situation we are following the guidelines which can be summarised as follows:
Changes to guidance since last week include:
- Offer Communion in one kind only to all communicants
- Suspend handshaking or other direct physical contact during the sharing of the Peace
- Suspend direct physical contact as part of a blessing or “laying on of hands”
- Prepare contingency plans for parishes and deaneries
- Suspend catering and refrain from passing the collection plate around.
- Specific advice for baptisms, confirmation and ordinations, together with guidance for visiting care homes and hospitals.
The latest updates can be found here: